Saturday, April 14, 2012

What makes you happy?

Pin It Today is Saturday- I'm never sure if this marks the end of a week or the beginning of a weekend? I guess it depends on how your view the glass. My mother in law likes to say that I squeeze 10lbs of living into a 5lb sack, and she is right. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

To keep it in perspective, I don't have a single friend that isn't in the same boat. We are full time working mothers, some paid, some unpaid, working both in and outside of the home.  We try to squeeze every single minute out of every day.  Experience has taught me well that life is short and I won't miss any of it.

This week I made it a point to stop and really look around me.  I saw that I am surrounded by good people.  Smart, active, healthy, fun, socially responsible, like minded people who take pleasure out of living for every minute. It made me happy and it made me proud. Maybe it's our small beach community that attracts these types of people. People who are focused on taking care of their families, of their friends, of their communities. These are people who are a part of something and I am happy and proud to be included in this extended family.

I've got a lot to look forward to today. Tonight we will a celebrate milestone birthday with one of my sister-friends and tomorrow my family and I head to the Outerbanks for spring break.

My favorite yellow suitcase is sitting in front of me stuffed with nothing but ridiculous pink clothes, flip flops, and bathing suits and I can't wait hop into my super sexy mini van, put on the Zac Brown band and start driving down 95 to kick off an old school, Chevy Chase style- family vacation.

I intend to spend an entire week by the pool, steeping myself in home magazines while I compile my list of treasures to hunt for next month on my annual trip to the Brimfield Antiques Fair. http://www.brimfield.com/

If you haven't been and you like to treasure hunt you NEED to put this on your to do list.

Brimfield Massachusetts is the site of the largest outdoor antique show in New England, with over 5000 dealers from all over the country. The shows, a week each, happen three times a year, May, July, and September. This year's first show is May 8-13 and this is my Super Bowl!




Here are a few of my finds from last year... Glass buoys...
I'm still not sure what this little metal carousel was intended for, but it's a fantastic makeup caddy!


 One of my favorite booths, the guys who make frames out of reclaimed wood

 Of course black and white canisters to house my cotton balls and q-tips...
An antique pressed glass black owl ring caddy...

I haven't given much thought yet to this year's list, but I can't wait to start!!



Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment