Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Moving Day

Pin It
I should be finishing packing up my office for our summer move, but instead I'm dreaming about all of the great projects I am going to tackle with the spare time I hope to gain by not maintaining a big house for the next ten weeks.

I estimate that I run up and down the three flights of stairs between my kitchen and my home office on the third floor an average of 30 times a day.
Need a glass of water? off I go. Time for a coffee? absolutely. Shoot! I forgot my phone! One more lap.

I have a very hard time sitting still so this works for me, but after working all day and then packing and hauling for the last seven hours, my legs are tired! So instead of running one more lap to haul another box down to the first floor, here I sit, dreaming about projects.







First on my list is going to be turning the cottage's beige and boring bedroom into a super sassy navy and green preppy retreat- think reminiscent of your wooden handled button on cover purse (if it were teamed up with some gold earrings and fun heels)

Source: etsy.com via Stephanie on Pinterest







Next I would like to finish all of the pieces of furniture I've collected over the past few months.
In my garage currently resides: one steamer trunk, one seventies entertainment center, one turned wooden lamp,  two ceramic lamps, two old doors, two dressers, two six foot mirrors, one wooden closet, and a telephone pole-sized piece of drift wood that is going to become the legs of a pirate ship bed. I have visions of beautiful things emerging from this garage...

Source: bhg.com via Brenda on Pinterest






Source: houzz.com via Jennie on Pinterest



Don't you think this old trunk is going to look great painted a high gloss with the brass all shined up, some casters on the bottom and a nice piece of glass on top?






Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment